Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 3- Life Lessons and a public apology(failed promposal)

To keep the parties involved in this post protected, I will try to keep this as vague as possible. If you ask me personally about this, I will only disclose as much information as I feel comfortable with. Thank you.

I knew I was in for a learning experience when I signed up for this rejection challenge. But I never knew I would learn so much in one day, and in the way I did.

I learned that high school things should have been done in high school. I learned that the difference between a perfect idea and the worst outcome is just one misunderstanding away. And in a cruelly ironic fashion, I also learned the take home message of rejection challenge: we get rejected for what we do, not for who we are.

I "succeeded" in my challenge by getting rejected in the most devastating way possible. But in the meantime, I managed to hurt someone I cared about, and breached the trust of a friend.

I can't blame her at all for feeling the way she did. If I was in her shoes, and saw the way I talked about the first two challenges out in public(especially the mention of hidden cameras), and this video on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151606245390781 (I left things unattended, and cruel consequence awaited) , I would feel the exact same way. I would think I was being used and violated, by someone she thought she trusted.

As a friend, as a man and as a human being, I'd like to make the most sincere public apology to her for causing this misunderstanding. I was devastated to find out the result of my actions, and I take full responsibility for this result. I will try my best to explain my thoughts and intentions when she cools off, but I don't expect her to accept that apology, and she has no reasons to.

The rejection challenge will go on. But I will always take what happened today to remind me to keep to the true intentions of this rejection challenge: as a self development project that will bring forth my best self.


 The difference between flattering a friend, and hurting a friend, is often just one misunderstanding away.

No comments:

Post a Comment